Thursday, August 5, 2010

Moving Day

Well here we go again...Saturday is the big moving day. I have never enjoyed change and this time is no different. Although I am excited to have my own place, I have really enjoyed my time here in Roy. It's nice having another woman in the house. When I don't get to the dishes, she does, when I'm loading kids & stuff out to the car, shes right behind me with another kid & more stuff- when I didn't have any plans for dinner, she did. I could leave sleeping boys at home and drop jared off, go to the grocery store, even go to a friends house. I have really loved living here and Zina (Jared's mom) has been so wonderful. I am actually grateful for the chance to spend all this time with her. My boys love her & so do I.

And now its time for a change. Jared's last day of work is Friday (tomorrow), that's scary...And although I have spent lots of time in Provo & even lived there years ago, it's going to be different now with a husband & 2 kids. Where are the best parks, where's the McDonalds with a play place, what will the new ward be like, will Luke nap in this tiny place with all the noise from the people above, how long before my crying, screaming, laughing, toy slamming kids drive the people upstairs crazy, and of course how on earth are we going to afford living, student loans? will that be enough money?

Well - I guess I got a lot on my mind...but I am excited for this new life & I am sure I can live on my own again. And my friends in the North...come visit me....I will love to have visitors...

8 comments:

~adelle said...

Utah County has a ton of great places. I loved living there. You are gonna be fine. :) Great shopping, lots of cool trails, and of course there are plenty of Mc Donalds. . .

Good luck girlie.

Jodi said...

OK, here I come. 3 more weeks!! You guys will do great. Everyone loves you all wherever you live. Your boys are too cute to bother anyone. Good luck! Love you!

Brooke & Ryan said...

I feel for you Wendy! Change is always scary. You will do great and it will fly by. Good luck! If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask!

The Green's said...

You are going to have so much fun! I agree with your sister Jodi, who doesn't love Wendy Pippin? Not to mention your kids are darling and fun to play with. My advice about the neighbors...they will get used to the noise just like you will get used to their noise. Good luck Saturday! Please let me know if you need anything!

Joel and Tera said...

Don't worry Wendy you have the Meyer's!!! Just 15 min away. Bad news I'm not a 7 o'clock planner like Lesley.

The Drapers said...

Wendy- I think your gona miss my 7 o'clock texts, think of all the fun we had!!!

Kyle and Shayla said...

You are a strong woman! We all know you will do great! I wish you guys the best and I hope all goes well for you guys!! Let us know if you need anything!

Dana Boehm said...

As a veteran of two-kids-in-a-small-space living, I recommend investing in fans or a noise machine, to help the sleeping child ignore the screams of the awake child (increase volume when the screaming child is in the bed next to the sleeping child).