Monday, August 2, 2010

The Birthday Party!

The birthday party was a success...I usually have the party planned weeks before, and poor baby Luke's birthday just crept up on me. I think not being at my own house with my own stuff sort of put me out of my element too. But it was sure fun. We went to the park...and played. I always love how much support we get from family & friends! And of course Luke appreciated everyone too.

Everytime we sang "happy birthday" to Luke he cried...and his party was no different. In his defense he was not feeling well all day.


The park was fun for the adults too...
Jared spent last night making all these...it took him 3 hours...it was done very carefully.
The birthday boy, baby Luke...Jared asked me last night, "when will Parker realize his name is not really "Baby Luke".

4 comments:

Jodi said...

That's so sweet! Looks like an awesome birthday party to me. Wish I was on that spinning thing and could sample Jared's gourmet mud pies. Looked delicious. And maybe it's the Carver singing skills that made baby Luke cry. Cute picture of him anyway. Give him a big birthday hug from Aunt Jodi!

~adelle said...

Three Hours? That had better have been made from scratch pudding and cookie crust or he is very very slow. :) Just teasing, I can see how precisely they were constructed!

It is always fun to have a birthday party. Luke is darling.

Kyle and Shayla said...

Is it weird that I think it is so cute that he cried everytime you guys sang happy birthday to him? :)

Dana Boehm said...

I love dirt -- give Jared kudos from me. I wanted to reach out and yank one of those off my computer screen.

And not many people look cute while crying --luckily for Luke he's an exception to the rule.