Tuesday, August 5, 2008

BACK TO REALITY!
Sunday night, the full day back home from the month long vacation...and this happens. This is our tree...our ONLY tree in the whole back yard, and it split right in half. We were so sad. Jared's been cutting the rest down...we still have half a tree up. So now we are going to make a fire pit in its place...and luckily we already have firewood.
On our trip Parker finally learned to crawl...now I wasn't pushing for this, because I knew what would come next. And as expected he's into everything. I was standing next to him the other day just in time to see him sucking on something, I looked in his other hand and he was holding a MILK DUD. I did the ol' finger swipe and pulled a small piece of Carmel out of his mouth (the chocolate was all gone). You can also see below my baby proofing, yes that is masking tape...so far so good.
I've been trying to keep myself busy and secretly trying to plan my next trip to VA to visit my parents...why don't you just move out here already and save me some money!

9 comments:

Brooke and Darin said...

I'll tell Rachel you said hi. We're actually calling her tonight because today is her birthday. I'll let her know about your blog.

KMF & DSF said...

Oh crap girl! I love that!

Jodi said...

So, it's only Mom you really care to see out here, huh? I see how it is!

Dana Boehm said...

I see Parker has inherited his mom's affinity for candy.

And nice babyproofing, Wendy -- way to think outside the box. I'm interested to see what type of baby gate you devise . . . .

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

How sad about your poor tree!!! A fire pit will be fun though! we will be expecting an invite over for smores when its finished :-) YEAH for parker learning to crawl good luck with baby proofing!!

Mandagirl said...

Growing up we had a globe willow in our back yard. They grow fast and are nice shade. I loved it... but... it eventually did the same thing. Broke in half. We left the living half up and it grew in so it didn't look like so much of a half. They are kind of messy trees though. Lost of branches on the ground and roots all through the lawn. Maybe it is better to get rid of it now.

The Drapers said...

Ok so you totally copied the tape idea from us, but come on Wendy don't ruin it and make us look white trash!!! Have you heard of clear tape????

Anne Woods said...

trees are overrated! that fire pit will be a blast!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had so much fun with your family! I have been trying to convince my parents to move out here but they just got called to be in the temple presidency at home so that won't happen for another 3 years..I told Jake he's going to be spending lots of money on plane tickets for me!