well...I fought the vacation blues by trying to get into some projects...painting, sanding some bookcases, yard work, house cleaning and preparing for the family...and it lasted for a good couple of days...but now what.
I still have over a week till mom comes and even longer till everyone else comes.
I also think some of the blues are due to the fact that both Jared and I are sad that our friends Nate and Laci are moving. It's great to have what I like to call "casual friends". They are the kind of friends you don't have to make plans weeks ahead with, and the kind of friends who either like what you like to do or are flexible enough just to go with the flow. They live down the street from us which has made it just that much more fun. And even though they aren't moving far it's just hard to find those friends that both you and the husband like. And now don't get me wrong we do have many of those...it's just...well I'm going to miss them.
I also think Jared has gotten a little bit down about life. He wrote this great blog last night but didn't post it. I'm sure we've all gone through that part in life where we feel like we have to re define who we are and what we like. He had some great high school years, and some great friends, and loved music and now I think he's trying to find a little bit of that person again. He was sure to make sure I knew he loved me and his son and his life...but he was just feeling some "growing pains".
So there it is...my sob story...
6 comments:
I wouldn't call that a "sob story", thats called a "truth story". One that I am sure everyone who reads your blog can relate to. When ever I write my "truth stories" I always debate posting them, which usually ends in not posting them. But I like truth stories and I find in therapeutic writing them out. So thanks for writing that blog I am glad I am not the only one who has those days!
p.s. I want to see all your design updates, real bad!
I need help decorating my house and since you're such a great decorator I need your help!! Maybe we should get together for a girls night sometime?
I agree. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. My blogs are usually the positive high lights from my life. The fun and cute moments. The moments where everyone is working together. I tend to leave out the bad parts where no one can get along and everyone is complaining and I yell my head off at them. I should probably put more of those in because that would make it more true to life. Of course then I wouldn't get so many of the compliments that boost me up, and I'd probably start dwelling more on the negative. I think I'm like Jared. I think I tend to delete those type of blogs. But I'd be glad to read them, and I'd totally relate.
I feel Jared's pain (and yours -- I always get sad when vacation ends, even a short weekend trip like the one I took last weekend).
I think part of it, at least for me, is the fact that becoming a parent makes you irreversibly old. There's really no going back to a young, carefree lifestyle. Granted, I'd take Elsa anyday over sleeping in on Saturday mornings, but still, it seems like something about the fundamental change in lifestyle and role ("crap, I'm the parent?") forces you to ask deep questions like "who am I?" and "who do I want to be?" I really hate self-reflection. It's too hard.
hey wen, sorry to hear you're slummin' at the Pippin home. Tis life, I believe... hang on to those projects to keep you busy and sounds like the crew will join you soon. Just keep going to the pool- you know that's my philosophy. When you can't take things at home- pick up the pool bag and get out of there. Looks like San Diego was a blast! Look at those pixs, huh? Sorry to hear your friends are moving too. I know what you mean about there being few couples where you like the wife and the hubby likes the hubby. Miss you..xoxo
ps Loved your lasted post about the candy... you know me well.
Awhhh Shucks! We love you guys! K Im totally calling you right now so I hope your awake :)!!
Post a Comment