Saturday, May 31, 2008

STUPID COUNTRY HILL EYE CENTER!

Well some of you might've known that yesterday was Parker's eye appointment. Anyone who knows Parker knows that since birth he has had this wretched eye...we assume it's a clogged tear duct and assured that it will go away. But it's been almost 8 months and still it ooozzzzeeesss and boogies all day long. So I decided to take him to the doctor. I made the appointment 2 weeks ago, spent 20 min on the phone giving all my information and then finally yesterday was the big day.

So I did the good motherly thing. I arranged his naps and feeding so that at 2:20 (the time of his appointment) he would be happy and content. Well we (Jared too from work) arrived at 2:20, and waited, and waited and waited. They had sign posted that said if you have waited longer than 20 min let the front desk know. So we did...as I walked up without saying a word she said "we're looking into it". And that was it. Well at 3:10 our name is called a nurse walks us into a room to get his "history" (he's 8 months old what kind of history does he have) and then in a blatant attempt to waste time she did all sorts of small talk. Then led us to ANOTHER room to wait for the doctor. Well by 3:30 I had enough and so did Parker, Jared was actually strangely calm probably to balance me out. So we got up and left. I told the front desk lady who tried to argue that I should stay (in a rather rude way), but we left! It took me about 20 min for the steam to stop flowing from my nose and ears. I was so frustrated. 2 hours out of my day wasted and nothing accomplished.

Thanks my blogging buddies to letting me vent...and now I don't have to tell my mom and sisters the same story each seperatly!! (gotta love the blog)

4 comments:

B-ryce said...

Tell you what, next time I see the little guy, I'll take a look at it for half the price the doctor would've charged.

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

OMG I would be SOOO mad. Did they even have any explanation for the dely or anything thats rediculous. I'm sorry i would be T.O'd too!!

Jake said...

OHHHH I hate that.
Healthcare workers take on a government employee attitude. Mostly because in the past health insurance has forced people to see certain doctors. So employees could be as apathetic as they wanted, their business was being forced to come to them. Insurance is getting more flexible and doctors are signing on with more plans. No longer are we forced to endure poor medical service, we have a choice now.
Its funny that if they simply told you they were running behind that would have made all the difference to you. At least thats what I notice at my work.

Dana Boehm said...

I am ticked off just reading about it. I love the doctor double-standard -- if you're 15 minutes late, they can tell you you've missed your appointment and send you home, but they can be as late as they want. And I understand running a bit behind schedule (I do it all the time), but 2 hours? Ridiculous. Especially when the patient is an infant.

I would call and let them know that you're taking your business elsewhere because of their poor customer service, and that you're telling everyone with eyes to stay as far away from their establishment as possible. Not that it's really going to make a difference to their business, but at least it might help with the venting.