Sunday, September 11, 2011

bye bye binky

The binky is GONE. Luke loved that binky & so did I. I would hand it to him, lay him down, & he would be out...for hours. He's always been such a good, easy sleeper.

Taking away the binky wasn't so bad. We started out by not having it in the car & only having it at bedtime/naptime.

My first attempt, I got him all sleepy & laid him down with no binky. I was shocked when I didn't hear a peep. After a couple hours I checked on him to find a binky in his mouth...must've been one hiding in the bed. I knew it couldn't be that easy.

Then one night I was out (I think that was probably for the best, I'm sure I would've caved) Jared put him to bed he cried a little, Jared held him, laid him down, cried a little...and that was it.

Naptime/bedtime isn't quite as easy as it used to, Luke takes a little settling down & sometimes I just end up holding him till he sleeps. But we are working on it.

But the binky is gone for good.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Good job Luke! The pacifiers were always more for me than the kid. I was always amazed at how quickly they adjusted to not having those.