I spent the morning, like the rest of the world, crying & watching the footage & hearing the updates. What a scary day that was. I remember wishing I could be closer to my family. Hoping that the attacks were over. I remember feeling scared for them...living so close to DC, wondering where the other targets were. I remember not being able to get through to them, the phone lines were all jammed. I cried all morning.
What a scary day that was. And every year my heart aches on this day, like everyone else. But I remember how blessed I was that all the members of my family were safe. And I mourn for those who weren't as lucky as I was.
2 comments:
Yeah for no more binky. That is a tough one. I dont think I will ever forget September 11th. What a scary day. I am also glad everyone in your family is okay.
Ditto Sis. It's still hard for me to re-watch what happened that day. Too many strong emotions come back. Yes, I remember just crying for all the loss for days on end watching all the stories unfold on the news. It was nice to see more stories of rebuilding this time, but still hard. I will never ever forget. It's interesting to discuss the events now that my kids are old enough to understand. Weird to think Mason was just 1. He was totally enthralled by all the 9/11 stories on TV yesterday.
Post a Comment