Sunday, August 21, 2011

Moving Back

Well, we are back, all moved in...& it feels good to be back. It's great to be around family & friends again. We sure missed that while we were away. It's amazing how fast time is flying by.

Jared drove me & the boys home a week early so we could attend my grandma's funeral. It's been hard to be back here & not go visit her. It was hard to not be here with her for her last days & I wished that when I had left I would've really hugged her & told her over and over again how much I loved her. I'm not sure why, but when I went to say good bye to her before we left for Arkansas, the thought never crossed my mind that she would be there when I got back. And maybe that's another reason why it's been so hard for her to be gone.

Thank you everyone for your kind words & prayers with my grandma's passing. And a big thank you to my in laws who watched my boys for the 2 days of funeral services so I could be with my family. It's amazing how during tough times, you realize what amazing people you are surrounded by. Besides watching my kids for 2 days straight, they housed some of my family members, made us breakfast & cookies & gave us a loving place to stay after a couple sad days.

Back to the moving story...

We got a "new to us" car in Arkansas, just a little souvenir, oh and because our durango has 210,000 miles on it & we know it won't be with us much longer. So Jared, me and the boys took that car home and Jared flew back to Arkansas to finish his last week. His dad flew into Omaha, Jared picked him up and together they drove the Durango home. It was so kind of his dad to do it & it gave me a lot of peace of mind.

So now we're all back...settling in...getting ready for the new school year- Jared starts Aug 28 & Parker starts preschool this week.


5 comments:

Dana Boehm said...

Parker starts preschool?! I'm dying to see the first day of school pics. I know the kid's going to have a knock-out first day outfit. Elsa's first day back in school was today, and Sasha spent the morning walking around with Elsa's lunch bag pretending she was going to school.

Melinda said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma. It's never easy to lose someone you love. I'm glad the move went well. We really need to get together now that you're back.

Familia Soares said...

SO glad you are closer again!! Now we just have to get together. Iknow..I know...easier said than done :)

~adelle said...

WELCOME HOME! The summer just flew by. I bet you are happy to be back around famililar faces. I would love to see you. Maybe I should tell Brooke and Mindy to plan something. They are good at that. :)

So sorry to hear about your grandma. Don't you love that when you experience a loss like that, you also experience a greater feeling of love from the people around you. It kind of helps fill the gaps a little bit until you can start to feel better again.

Kyle and Shayla said...

I'm so glad you guys made it back safe and sound. Even though we don't see you very often for some reason its nice to at least know your closer :) I am also sorry to hear about your Grandma. That is never easy. I can't believe Parker starts preschool! How exciting!! Good Luck!