It's beautiful here- so green & the weather (besides the humidity) has actually been wonderful...it feels like spring.
It thunderstorms every night...and they are huge storms. Which brings me to the not so good tornado scares. The first one, we just followed on the news and it died down before it got to us. The next one- a little to close for comfort and we went and camped out at Jared's office for a couple hours. I guess when they built the walmart building they wanted to make sure their computer systems were kept safe in cause of a tornado so the building was completely storm proof. In fact we couldn't even hear the rain or thunder or anything. Luckily it didn't touch down near us and around 1 AM we headed home. Since then- no more tornado scares.

Me and the boys are trying to keep busy. We plan a "new adventure" every day. Thanks to my GPS-- I can explore fairly easily.
We went to the one of the most beautiful outdoor malls I have ever seen. I spent most of the time texting Kristi pictures of it. It was incredible!!


For a couple hours yesterday it was about 80 and no rain, so we headed out to the pool. In the background you can see the place we are staying in. We are nice and close to the pool. There is also a gym (which, SURPRISE- I have been using).
Then today we ventured out to the Famer's Market.
I love to take pictures but it's sort of tough when Parker does this...

And Luke bless his heart, is saying "CHEESE" and trying to smile the best he can- but this is what it turns out looking like...

Every once in a while this happens...
Thanks little P for taking the picture for me and Luke.
I will say, I definitely miss my little sis & my friends close by. It was hard to go from always having family or friends over- to just me and the boys. And Jared actually have a "schedule" and "working" isn't quite as fun as him being home all day, everyday or even during school when he would come and go, but always home by 5.
So just a few little adjustments- but I am remaining positive. I am grateful for the chance to strengthen our little family. We are making so many memories and I love it. I am so impressed with my little boys & so happy that I get to make these memories with them.
3 comments:
So cute!!! I'm glad you guys are doing so well. When we've driven across country, the drive part is one of the highlights for our family. We've always enjoyed it. Glad you guys had fun too!
Wend it truly sounds like an adventure! I almost wish I could do it right along side you! I have always been so impressed with you and your amazing attitude. I sure do miss you! Why don't you just camp out at Jared's office for the summer!!??!! I'm not liking these storm scares!!
Looks like a great time!
Post a Comment