Friends...I've been thinking a lot about "friends" lately...moving, even an hour away, really changes things...for good and bad. I am forced to make new friends...which is good but really tough. It requires a lot of effort & awkward situations, but when you make a new friend or someone who has potential to be a good friend, it starts to pay off. But to get to that point...is tough.
And then as I'm trying to meet these new friends, I miss my old friends...the ones I could just call up for a target run, or a playdate in sweats or a good girls night with laughing & memories or the friends I could just walk over to when I was bored. The ones who already know me and my quirks & know my kids..and even after all that, still like me alright.
I miss the comfort of being with those people...and maybe someday in the near future these new friends will become these friends, but until then...it's just tough. And this experience is only 2 years, with a break in the summer...will these be friendships that will even make it to that point, or will they just be "meet at the park" friendships...talk about surface issues & never really get to know each other.
I have been trying to make friends- but some days...I just miss my "comfortable friends"...
7 comments:
I miss you lady! Can't wait to see you next week. As for friends, you seem to have a real talent for making and keeping friends. I'm sure you'll find some good ones. In the mean time, just call me if you're bored.
I've been wishing and pray for a friend to move into my neighborhood. Everyone is so much older. I think I finally got one. We had a second play date at the park and it's amazing how we talk the same, say the same things and read the same blogs, oh, and wear the same shoes.
I've lived in this house for almost 4 years. Just hope she doesn't get sick of me.
I agree with your sister, you are so kind and thoughtful that you will find a good friend. At least you can take comfort in the fact that quite a few of your neighbors are going through the same thing. And until then plan on a play day sooner rather than later. Have fun with your parents.
Well Wendy we sure miss you up here! Lily asks about Parker and Luke at least once a week. You will make new friends, however they will not be as awesome as us! LOL...
Great post Wendy! Good friends are the best, but it does take chemistry and timing. We miss you guys!
hang in there... you'll find one. And we know all you need is one, right? I am grateful you are one of my dearest comfort friends- just wish we could live near each other at some point! Enjoy that you have your best friends right there with you, too- your little family is pretty cute. :) And Kristi close, too, right?
Oh Wendy you have no idea how much we miss you up here. You are a great friend and those are hard to come by.
Post a Comment