Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Island Park






Jared and I took our first trip, with no kids in almost 3 years. It was needed, to say the least. We had help from our family & it was so nice to not worry about them. I am glad I don't vacation a lot, it's hard to burden family & friends with 2 kids...and I missed them so much, I couldn't have been gone much longer.

The trip was wonderful. This is our third time to this Island Park Cabin...thanks to the Halls, we have a wonderful place to stay full of wave runners, a boat, a fire pit, a luxurious cabin right on the lake, delicious food, games, capture the flag, relaxation & great company. Jared has stayed close to his high school friends & luckily us wives all get along too. I took many many pictures - so here are just a few for the memory sake.

Orem is great so far. Jared has started orientation and is loving it. The boys love the "new house" & we have been keeping busy. Kristi and Dan come over almost every night, and that's been so much fun. I am of course still nervous about how this is all going to work, but so far, it's been great.

6 comments:

~adelle said...

That looks like so much fun. I love Island Park. It is beautiful. That cabin looks amazing. I am toying with the idea of going on a vacation without the kids. It would be so nice to actually be on a vacation! Maybe it will do it. You have inspired me. :) Glad things are going well in Orem so far...

Jeremy said...

Glad you had such a great trip.

Jodi said...

Cute pictures. Man, we never got to Island Park on the phone. I'm glad it went well. I'll have to catch up next week!:) Thanks for calling! Love you!

Amy W said...

We are so excited for you guys! We would love to meet you for a date night in SLC sometime - maybe in the fall. So glad that you are enjoying Orem. It is a great place!

Joel and Tera said...

Looks like you had a fun trip. Those 3 hotties on the boat look like they belong in Charlie's Angels movie;)

mindy-lou said...

Looks like fun! I am glad that Orem is treating you ok, I warned them :)