Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sadness

Saturday, July 17 my Grandma Jeppson passed away. In the last few months her health had started going downhill & by the end it was obvious that it was her time to go. I know that she was excited to see her sweetheart again & her twin sister she never knew, but that doesn't seem to stop my heart from hurting.

When I was younger I would travel to her house and spend all summer there- I always cherished those memories. When I moved here 9 years ago- I was able to spend more time with her & create so many more memories.

Her home was where I went to escape the feeling of homesickness. It was a place I always felt welcome & loved.
In her last week here I was able to spend time with her & those moments together will be more memories I cherish.

She was such an amazing person- someone I will spend the rest of my life trying to be like. I will miss her until the day I am with her again & I am grateful that I know I will see her again!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Ditto Wen! Love you!

Joel and Tera said...

it was a goal not to cry today...that went out the window with your post. She sounds like an amazing grandma.