2:45- cleaned up the mess, a sink full of measuring cups & mixing bowls...1 egg left in my fridge. I decide to make chocolate chip cookies. I find a recipe on the ever reliable sisterscafe.blogspot.com. I finish making the cookies & realize that something doesn't look right, but it's a new recipe so I just carry-on. After about 5 minutes I peek in the oven...something is wrong. I look around to see a small mixing bowl with 1 cup of flour (I last minute decided not to sift the dry ingredients & forgot to dump the cup of flour in the bowl).
3:30- tray of cookies (see pic below), more mixing bowls in the sink, no eggs left, no chocolate chips left, & not edible dessert.

6 comments:
Oh Wen! That really stinks! I've had days like that with one disaster after another! So sad that there was nothing to show for it. You are an awesome Mom and just know you're not alone!:) Love you!
WOW! I hope Jared reads this and brings home some dessert. What a day. Good luck.
Oh I am sorry I had to laugh because I did the same thing with cookies a while ago only I left out the baking soda. What a disappointment! But sorry about the mess that is no fun. I didn't laugh at that.
Those are the moments where you just have to sit back and laugh!!! Don't worry it happens to the best of us! But I do have to say it did make me giggle. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has those days!!!
Wendy wendy wendy, when will you learn that I ALWAYS have junk at my house. Come on over when you need a cookie fix. Chances are that I need one too.
Gaaahhhhhfaaaa! I am so laughing out loud.
Hope you had a nice trip to provo. I was kinda bummed for not hanging out with you guys because the girl pulled a no show and I cleaned my house for NOTH'N!
Post a Comment