"very rare for adults to get hand, foot, mouth", that's what everyone and everything said...and then on Monday Jared said he had a few "kankers" & then Tuesday night there was a bump on his hand and one on his foot. He went to the doctor first thing Wednesday morning- as the doctor tried to stifle her laughter, she said the same thing, "well it's rare for adults to get it, but it looks like you got it." Poor Poor Jared. So we are now on round 2. Keep your fingers crossed for Luke and I and beware of the Pippin home...YIKES.
And a moment to brag on my husband, for the past 9 months (although it feels like years) Jared has been studying for the GMAT. If it was Friday night and we were sitting down for a movie, he'd have his book out on his lap. For a few months he went to SLC 3 times a week for 3 hrs at a time for a class, just about every other Saturday he was at the library taking a practice test. On Aug 15 he decided to take the test, he told only 2 or 3 people (i was sworn to secrecy), and he did FANTASTIC. I was so proud of him.
Luke is doing great, we had the 2 week check up. He gained a whole pound -now he is 10 lb 8 oz. The nurse and doctor were quite shocked. He is obviously very healthy and I'm grateful for that.
Parker is over the HFMD and is feeling much better.
Kristi and Dan came up Sunday and spent a few days with us & it was a lot of fun. They were great company and it was nice to have people around, the day gets pretty lonely, even with 2 kids. I can't wait to see them again!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Poor, poor Jared! What goes up (GMAT) must come down (HFMD).
I was thinking about calling you today to see if it was safe to get together! But then I saw this and got my answer! I hope you guys get disease free soon!
Get feeling better Jared!
That is great!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Tell Jared congrats!
Hope Jared is up and running again soon and that you and Luke stay in the clear!! Glad Luke is a big healthy baby. Those are the best kind!!:) Love you!
Jared is great! Sorry about the hfm syndrome. Wendy take care of yourself as you take care of all your cute boys! Love you, Mom
Post a Comment