Friday, August 14, 2009

Hand, foot, mouth, thighs...disease

Well it's been a crazy few days here, on top of having this new little baby and getting use to 2 kids- Parker caught "hand, foot, mouth disease". He has kankers in his mouth, blisters on his feet and hands and thighs. He runs a little fever but mainly is just about as cranky as it gets. The doctor says it just has to run it's course- in the meantime, we are PRAYING that little Luke doesn't get it. Adults don't usually get it, so that's nice and once Parker has had it, he won't get it again, so that's nice, but in the mean time...it's not so nice.

My mom left today...she was such a great help & so fun to be with. Mainly it's just nice to have someone around during the day. She was always willing to sit around, or run some errands, or just get out of the house with me and the boys. I miss her already!


5 comments:

KMF & DSF said...

BOO to HFMD, and the crankiness! We will be there tomorow to try and help out for a couple of days! I don't know if you really even need the help you don't even look like you just had a baby!

linnie said...

I miss you all already-even sooo cute a bit cranky Parker!

Dana Boehm said...

Oh no!!! Best wishes for Luke's immunity system -- poor Parker and poor you!

Kyle and Shayla said...

I'm so sorry Wendy. What a bummer! I want to come see you and the new little one sometime this week. I meant to get there sooner. But it's been kinda busy. So I'll give you a call sometime soon to see when is a good time. Good luck! with Parker hopefully he gets better quickly.

Jodi said...

Girl, would you stop looking so skinny after just having a baby! You look great! That stinks about the HFMD. Brutal!! Luckily we've steared clear of that one so far (knock on wood!!) Doesn't look fun. I hope Parker is feeling better physically and emotionally soon. Love you!