Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hawaii

Well our week in Hawaii is over and it FLEW by. I could've spent another week there without any hesitation. We stayed at a beautiful place. I could've spent just a week in the pools, laying at the beach, just at the resort. We did a lot of fun things and it was just great to spend time with Jared's family.

There are a ton of pictures, of course I took more than 300 while we were there, so I tried to cut them down to just a few favorites. They aren't in order because blogger is actually a pain to move pictures and try to put them in any order.

For those worried about Parker on the plane...he was wonderful, both ways. I'm not sure how I've gotten so lucky these past few trips.


This is from our hotel window. Every morning Parker and I would go for a walk and then upstairs to have breakfast on our balcony. And this was the view.

Parker and Austin were pretty good buddies. Austin is so sweet with him.
Parker would not stand in the sand. So you will see that everytime we are on the beach, he is being held or sitting on a chair.

Parker, Gabe, and Ashley.


At a luau at the Polyonesian culture center. It was a lot of fun and since we were celebrating an anniversary we got to have a slow dance on stage.


We had garlic shrimp from a van along the road. It was pretty fun.
Each couple took turns watching the kids one night...there are 3 couples so one night a couple took out jared's parents, then the next night they would get a date with just their spouse. It worked out very nicely especially on March 11 which was our 4 year anniversary. We ate at this grill at the hotel, it was beachfront, and the sun was setting. It was so beautiful!

Wednesday we spent the day at the pool. We ordered this delicious drink...it was gone in seconds.
The first few days Parker wouldn't get in the water, but by the end he loved it.
Our first morning my mother in law took all the girls for pedicures at the hotel spa. It was wonderful especially after the day of traveling.
At the Salt Lake airport Jared lost his phone (they found it wednesday).
When we got to the Honolulu airport we found out the place where the travel agent had rented the cars from had actually gone out of business 4 months before.
On our way to the airport we got stuck in a lot of traffic and we were all pretty hungry.
As we pulled up to the resort this is what we saw & all of a sudden life became great again. It was a wonderful trip!

13 comments:

The Drapers said...

Looks wonderful! Parker was good, no facial hair on Jared! Glad you had a fun time! BTW Parkers hair is really handsome...

~adelle said...

So, I am trying not to be totally jealous...but, it is not working. That looks like an amazing trip! Beautiful. I am glad you got to go. I didn't remember that we share the same anniversary??!@? So, fun.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love Hawaii. I keep trying to convince Jake that we need to go back for our 1 year anniverary. We got to dance at the PCC too since we were newlyweds...it was fun/slightly embarrasing!

Jeremy said...

Looks like an amazing vacation. Great pics.

Familia Soares said...

Wow I am jealous! It looks like you guys had so much fun. Good! You deserve it!

The Green's said...

Needless to say, I am extremely jealous. But, I am so glad that you guys had a lot of fun. What a way to spend your anniversary! And, you are such a cute pregnant girl! I love it.

Anne Woods said...

Oh Wen, I am so jealous. That looks so wonderful! Great pictures. You look so cute pregnant! One day I will make it to Hawaii!- this has certainly confirmed that I want winter to end!

Melinda said...

Oh my that looks like fun! We need to take a neighborhood trip to Hawaii and you can show us all of the fun places to go.

Kyle and Shayla said...

You lucky dogs! I am also very jealous. I'm glad you had a wonderful time!

KMF & DSF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KMF & DSF said...

Sorry, that was my deleted comment, I spelled something completely wrong! let me try again! Looks like a great trip, and beautiful pics! And boy oh boy is Parker looking like a little man! I am totally jealous, and coveting!

Jodi said...

So fun and so beautiful. Great pictures. Makes me feel the need to go to Hawaii right away.

Amy W said...

Wendy I really like the MStar shirt you are wearing in Hawaii! I am jealous and it looks like you guys had an amazing time!!!