Last night Jared was carrying Parker down our stairs and slipped and fell backwards. We knew that Parker had hit his head but didn't realize there was another injury as well. I knew he was crying way more then he usually did, but eventually he went to sleep. I of course woke up twice to check on him- and both times he seemed just fine. This morning he woke up and I tried to put him down and he just started crying and his little legs just collapsed. I broght him upstairs and showed Jared. So we brought him to the Pediatrician - then to x rays and then to orthopedics. One hour later, we had one happy baby with an orange cast. It is pretty heartbraking to watch him crawl around in it, but it's also pretty cute.


13 comments:
oh man that is so sad! I'm sorry and hope he gets better quick!!!
Oh m! I am so sorry to hear that. It broke my heart as I was reading it. I hope he is doing ok!
Just the kind on title that makes a mothers heart sink. What a brave little man to go all night without too much complaint. I send him hugs and kisses. . .
Holy cow!!! He must be so tough to be able to sleep with an injury like that. Poor little guy. I hope he heals quickly.
I dunno if any one can pull off an orange cast quite like he can!
Oh no!!! Parker!! This totally takes me back to Coralie. She was about the same age when she broke her leg. It is so cute, but so pitiful. I'm sorry! I'm glad it's all figured out. He'll, of course, be no worse for the wear.
Poor cute little Parker (and poor you and Jared -- sounds traumatizing)!
Ouch Poor little guy. Stairs are dangerous!, i've had a couple of life defining moments on them myself.
He's a trooper. Even though it's sad, had looks really cute with his little cast.
Oh poor baby!! He does look cute with the cast on but i'm sure its so uncomfortable for him!! ORANGE was a great pick in color!!
Oh no, Poor little guy. I'm sure he will bounce back quickly. Love you
oh wen, i am so sorry! This happened to Charlotte shortly before she was one. They are cute in the cast and it goes quick, but bathing is a nightmare and you just start feeling so sorry for them! You want to rip the thing off. How long does he have to have it on for? I love that last picture of him in the diaper with the cast! Good luck!
Wendy and Jared...
Hailey was about the same age when she got a cast! Look on Facebook for the pic we have with all the grandkids on Grandma (Ilene) Dahl! The little one on the left that Bryce is holding has a cast...not as colorful as Parker's! It is so heartbreaking to see your little guy hurt...but they recover pretty fast, huh?!
Post a Comment