Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Jared's Favorite Things - Part 1


Seasons greetings to all. For those of you who frequent The Pippin Connection (I'm still upset about whoever ended up stealing "Pippin-Ain't-Easy"), you may remember Wendy explaining that she was flying out to Virginia on December 9th, and I would be coming on the 17th. Therefore, for the next 8 days, I will be a certifiable bachelor. Well, it’s my first night and I'm already bored out of my mind. Furthermore, I am literally fatigued due to my rigorous GMAT study, so I'm taking a much-needed break.


In order to keep myself occupied, I thought I would write a few posts about some of my favorite things. Now, unlike Oprah, I have neither the finances to purchase my favorite things for all of my friends, nor do I have the power to influence millions of people's purchasing decisions. However, I feel strongly about my favorite things and highly encourage you all to take a look at some of these products.


Favorite Album (At least for now, this varies daily)



I could write a lot about this album, but I'll just list my three favorite things about it:

1 - "The Luckiest" - Hands down, the best love song of all time. How could it not be with lyrics like this: 'Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties and one day passed away in his sleep. And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days and passed away I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong.' Great song, one of our favorites.

2 - Ben Folds is a skinny, nerdy kid from Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Yet, he rocks, and the most interesting thing, is that he rocks a piano rather than a guitar. Many have tried, yet no one can do it like my boy Ben.

3 - "Still Fighting It" - I'm not going to give this one away, you'll just have to go listen to it.

So there it is, my favorite album. Go ahead and give it a listen and let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Dana Boehm said...

I found the album on Amazon and gave a listen to a brief sample of "The Luckiest," and I enjoyed it a great deal. I wished the sample wasn't so brief.

No post about how kind Santa was to you this year, I see? Too ashamed that you violated the cardinal rule of Christmas by opening your present more than two weeks early?

Mandagirl said...

I too, am a huge fan of Ben. He's one of my most listened to artists. Along with the songs you mentioned I also love Gracie Girl. It brings out the mommy feelings when I think of my kiddos growing up. Sigh.

Hope you survive okay with out Wendy and Parker.

linnie said...

I always like to read a posting from Jared-taking care of Wendy and your little guy. Love you!

Wendy Pippin said...

sure love that album and love when you post!

B-ryce said...

I enjoyed rockin out to the album in my car and clapping along with Annie Waits.