Chuck Taylors

The Chuck Taylor All-Star (I prefer the low-top, or Oxford, if you will. Well, will you?), the shoe that some random Wikipedia contributor has dubbed as "The Most Successful Shoe in history." Can you believe that this shoe has been around since 1917? Well, I suppose that isn't too difficult to believe seeing as how the shoe is made entirely out of rubber and canvas—two materials that haven’t experienced much innovation in the past 100 years. Rather than change the materials, I supposed that Converse (actually, Nike now), decided to change the colors. And therefore, as you can see below, the shoe has undergone product proliferation to the nth degree.
I've had at least one pair of Chuck Taylors since my sophomore year of high school. It's a fantastic shoe, that is, if you're not concerned about arch support. So if you're interested, go pick up a pair.
3 comments:
I think you should be bored more often, Jared. It gives us a chance to hear from you again. :)
I had a friend in college who was an obsessive shoe collector. I believe that his most prized possession was a pair of gold 1987 Pony sneakers that had been worn once by someone who was selling them at a lofty price on eBay. At least you chose something traditional to be passionate about.
I actually had a shoe that had the same flame as one of the shoes pictured but I believe it had a red backing with a yellow flare.
MOST....UNCOMFORTABLE....SHOES....EVER!
Post a Comment