Today I had my first real run in with the cops. My dad and grandma wanted to visit a house they lived in when my dad was little. Of course now it's in the not so great part of ogden (30th and grant, or something like that), it's actually an "antique shop...that does tattooing and piercings." You know like most antique shops. Anyways, they went in and I waited in an empty parking lot across the street with my sleeping baby, in my Dad's white PT cruiser rental car.
All of a sudden I look over and see a cop pull up and then another one. I didn't want them to wake my baby, so I stepped out of the car. They started the questioning, "what are you doing here?" "Who else was in the car with you?" "Can we see some ID?" Then they explained themselves, someone called in and said that there was a white PT cruiser rental car in a parking lot, and they were doing "naughty" things inside. (Side note: here in ogden we've been having some prostitution problems, and because I was sitting in the back seat, I guess it was susspecious. YIKES...once they realized I wasn't and hadn't been doing anythings, they apologized. Of course not before they recognized my name and we made the connection that I was Riverdale Officer Joel Pippin's sister in law (thanks Joel...I feel like they lightened up on me). Anyways, mean time my dad is still inside this slightly scary house and it'd been 20 min. So while I had the cops there, I called to make sure they were alright inside. It turns out they were listening to stories of gun shots and robberies that had taken place there.
Well welcome back home to Ogden Dad. We had a great day...I sure love having him in town.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What an experience! I'm glad to be safely home in DC/Virginia.
Yikes! I had a run-in with a cop in a church parking lot in Sandy one time. I would go park there, eat lunch, and snooze regularly on my lunch break. One day I was awakened to an officer looking in my window. A little creepy! Who knew it was suspicious to park these days!
Go Ogden!!!
Remember when there were posters up all over downtown that said, "Ogden City is not Safe!" I loved those. Filled me with pride ya know. I think perhaps they need to put them up again. . .
Oh you gotta love Ogden!
Oh my goodness that is crazy and kinda funny too! I'm glad it all worked out.
That is too funny!!! What an eventful day in O-town.
Wow that makes for an eventful day ha ha I love that!!
That sounds about right for a day in Ogden! Gotta love it. But I am glad that you weren't doing anything that could have gotten you in trouble.
Post a Comment