Last night Kristi and I were walking around the South Towne mall just killing time while Jared was at his GMAT class. We walked past kiddie kandids, and a lady stopped us and asked if she could take Parker's picture and we'd get a free 5x7 - no strings attached.
I love free things, so we went for it. I've never taken Parker to an actual studio to have a professional picture taken. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to, I just don't have the money too. On top of that, I take at least 2 pictures of him every day, so it's hard for me to justify paying someone to take one. Well anyways, the picture turned out quite adorable...and she was right, no strings attached. We walked out after about 5 min. with a free 5x7. I put it in a little frame last night, and this morning Jared took it to work.
I'll Be Home (Virginia) For Christmas!That's right folks, I leave Dec.9 and return Dec. 29. I was just planing on going for week, but after a lot of thought, we decided we should go to Virginia for Christmas. It is my family's year for Christmas, Parker still flies free, in another 2 years when it's their turn again, Jared will be in school, there could be another kid in the picture, Parker would cost a full price ticket, and who knows where my parents will be (hopefully in Utah). So we decided to go.
Kristi and Dan will be there and my 2 sisters (who live there) will be there- so we are excited for some sister bonding. Of course we will miss my brothers and their families.
So Jared flies out Dec. 17 and comes back on the 29th, just a different flight than mine.
8 comments:
Cute picture.
Glad you get to go home for Christmas! We have been thinking of places to go while Lily still fly's free. We should take advantage right? Also cute picture!
I hadn't heard this update re: the length of your stay. Yeah!!!
I can't wait to see you, Parker, Mr. Pippin, KMF, and Dan (and Gambit?). Seriously, can't wait.
JEALOUS! You get to go out for so long. We're only there the 24th to the 30th but maybe we'll see eachother :)
p.s. Parker's professional picture is darling.
Woohoo!!!!!! Let the sister bonding begin! Can't wait to see you guys. What a pleasant surprise--just made my day. And what a cute picture of the Park man. I'm with you. I've never been great at the professional photos of my children. It's expensive, and it's hard to keep up on with subsequent children. Plus, as you said, who doesn't take tons of photos of their little ones anyway?
DARLING picture i love it he is SO photo genic and the cutest little boy!! YAY for going home that will be so fun be safe!!
Oh I am so glad! I haven't stopped thinking about it since you told us how bad you wanted to go and I was coming up with all of these hair brained ideas on how you could raise some money. I am so glad you found a way, cause selling a kidney might be painful.
Darling picture! Just FYI kiddie kandids will do a free 5x7 every year for your childs birthday from 1-10 years. You just have to join the birthday club-its free no strings attatched. Call me if you have any questions! I am like you I take way to many pictures, but those free ones once a year are kind of fun too.
Post a Comment