
I’m ashamed to admit it, and I can’t even tell you why, but I find myself to be more interested in pop culture than I should be. What truly boggles me is that I’m so fascinated with popular music even though I detest about 92% of it. Regardless, one of my Hollywood sources recently informed that New Kids on the Block are “Back.” May I ask why? It seems like we just barely got over the boy band rage of early 2000. Is history doomed to repeat itself? If this is the case I suppose we can expect a glorious comeback from NSYNC in about ten more years. In order to ensure that NKOTB’s current rally is as brief as possible, I beg that all of you friends, family members, acquaintances, and lesser-known associates refrain from any and all type of activities that support said boy band.

This tidbit regarding KNOTB is only exacerbated by the fact that 90210, including a few original cast members, will be returning to television this fall. Current commercials promoting the revived series are heralding the show as “The show that defined a generation…” If you want to define that generation as irresponsible, snot-nosed, mallrat junkies, then fine—but I refuse to be defined as such.
We all lived through the 90’s; do we really need to bring them back? Next thing you know we’ll be wearing bowling shirts and over-sized corduroy pants. In my book, the only thing worth bring back is the 98 cents per galloon gas price … and maybe the Pizza Hut Big Foot pizza … but that’s it! Forgive my harsh criticism of this decade, but I’d really prefer to keep History exactly what it is … History.
Oh, and I found this commercial for the Big Foot in case you forgot about it. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it features a pre-Sixth Sense Haley Joel Osment.
5 comments:
Jared, I'm with you Jared-let's keep moving forward. Though I did like to see that picture of Luke Perry.
10.99 wow thats a steel of a deal for a giant pizza!! They definetly should bring that one back. I won't lie i kind of like the new song by new kids on the block :-) Don't hate me!!
I confess, that I have a train-wreck-type attraction to this new 90210. Normally I would TIVO something that I am drawn to like this, but because I do have some shame, I think I may watch a few minutes of it this evening, to determine whether I am willing to sacrifice my self-esteem and commit it to TIVO. I'll keep you posted . . . .
I, too, agree with you about both situations.
However...don't act like you won't wait till the new 90210 is off the air, then watch two episodes a day in your apartment at Snow College.
Amen Jared! Although if I remember correctly, your wife pretty much kept the new kids in business back in the day. That's right... I've seen that poster before along with a dozen others posted all around her room. I didn't realize my Mom had a secret crush on Luke Perry! yuck! That show was trash from the beginning!
Post a Comment