Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bentonville Arkansas

Well...its official...we will be spending our summer in Bentonville, Arkansas. Jared accepted an offer from Walmart, which was one of his top choices...and I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard this semester and did really well in school & received 3 internship offers, which is great. It has been such a relief & I know he'll enjoy this next semester so much more without the worry of finding an internship.

I will say that I am of course still in denial. I always have a hard time with change- and even though it's just for the summer...it's still moving & change. But I am so grateful for such a wonderful opportunity that I would be crazy to not just jump right in & be supportive. And I am grateful for my parents you taught me that change was an important part of life...even when it's scary & hard.

I often think back to when we moved to Singapore- and my poor sister Dana...she was a senior in high school when my parents decided to move to Singapore. We cried and cried & I realize now that it must have been so hard for my parents (I knew at the time it was hard on us)- but it was where the Lord wanted us, and I know that Kristi, Dana & I grew so much from the experience and it was great for my dad's career. It was hard & scary but we did it and I wouldn't have changed it for anything.

I try to remember this as my little family goes through so many changes & so much uncertainty.

And my final point...anyone been dying to visit Arkansas? Now is your chance. I'm sure it's beautiful & filled with so many fun things to do. It's a 20 hour drive from Utah and a 20 hour drive from Virginia- right between the 2 places filled with people I love...just great ;)

Sorry for the rambling....it's late & everyone is sleeping...I guess I should too.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

wendy.....I love everything about your attitude! :) and why must you move even farther away?!! ha ha..dang it. at least its just for a few months! It will be a fun adventure!! :)

The Green's said...

First of all...congratulations to Jared! That is so awesome. It is so gratifying when you get something you worked so hard for. And...Arkansas! Oh well. You will have a great time. Your positive attitude is so inspiring. You're such a great wife and mom. We definitely need to get together before you leave!!!

Kyle and Shayla said...

Congrats to you guys! That is so wonderful! I don't blame you for having a little anxiety over it but I know you will all adjust and things will work out great! Good Luck! and I definently hope that we see you before you take off.

Melinda said...

Congrats you guys! I know someone from Arkansas and she misses it tremendously. You never know, you just might fall in love with the place. You're such a cute,suportive little wifey. Jared is lucky!

Jodi said...

Congrats Jared and Wendy! That's great! I'm sure the ward in Arkansas will be thrilled to get you guys. I'm sure it will be a challenge again, but you'll make new friends quickly just like you always do. 20 hours...wow that's rough! Love you!

Familia Soares said...

hmmmmm.......mixed feelings here! But really congratulations!! That is awesome! Who would of thought..Arkansas?!?!?! Well you are wonderful wherever you are! So is this just a summer intern and then you come back to BYU or how does it work? Either way I love ya! Good Luck with everything and let us know if we can help with something!

Joel and Tera said...

Congratulations. Next time i see you remind me to tell you about one of my blondest moments working at Zions Bank. It involves a guys id from Arkansas. A really really blond moment. Hopefully Kristi and Dan will still come to Deer Creek with Joel and i since you won't be around.