Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat

it's just not what it used to be...or at least what I remember it to be. About 50% of the houses had their lights off & 10% just had a bowl on the front porch...what happened to halloween?

Luckily for us Parker was thrilled with the few houses that did open the doors & wait for him to say "trick or treat" and then dropped a few candies in his spiderman bucket. And because we were the first ones to venture out in the rain, we got a few extras....

We did have a great night, trick or treating, stop in at a friend's halloween party and then the Davis family came to sleep over....the best part of the night...well until I started puking. Yes, puking...from midnight till 4 am I slept on the bathroom floor, which for some reason is really cold- I woke up their small children & got no sleep. And then felt horrible because the next day was cut short & I spent the day either in bed or on the couch....I don't like being sick- but stomach sick is the worst kind. So yesterday and today I am staying in...to try to keep my sickness to myself...even though, today I am feeling pretty good!!


One good thing that came out of throwing up all night...jared made dinner & cleaned the house....and dinner was GOOD! That would be homeade baked potato soup & rolls. I just sat on the couch reading him the recipe....

6 comments:

Kyle and Shayla said...

Bummer about the being sick part! That's pretty crappy but that homemade soup looks delightful! Those are some cute superheroes you got going on there!

The Drapers said...

Stomach flu is the worst! I hope the rest of your family doesn't get it!

Dana Boehm said...

I want to eat that. That Jared is a good, good man.

Dana Boehm said...

Also, your superhero twins are adorable. I just wish you had a picture of the two of them with Isaac, as they're such a cute matching set.

By the way, Elsa has been insisting I wear the batgirl cape you made her when I drop her off at school. Just a tad bit embarrassing . . . .

Jodi said...

I'm behind on the blogs! So sad about being sick, but that meal looks so delicious!! Jared way to go!! Looks like fun (besides the puking).

mindy-lou said...

I absolutely HATE throwing up! I am sorry to hear that. Sounds like you had a good nurse taking care of you though :) Loved the superheroes!