Of course this year, for some reason I'm already in a christmas slump. Besides the usual not having all the money in the world to buy all the great gifts for everyone I love- it will just sort of be strange this year. It's my family's year, but we aren't going back. My parents are coming but not till closer to new years. Jared's family is celebrating the day after christmas, our ward party was last week, relief society party is next tuesday....but what about the next 25 days in december?! I guess I better turn that christmas music up loud & try to be as jolly as I can & plan my own parties.
Now back to thanksgiving. Jared, me and the boys went to the movie theater and saw Tangled...I liked it, Luke slept, and Jared & Parker I think were hoping for something more manly. We had a delicious meal at Jared's parents, picked up our christmas stuff from my brothers, saw Kristi, Dan & VAL (friend from Virginia...now California...YAY she's HERE), I sampled their leftovers, and back to the house for a night of Christmas decorating...



3 comments:
We will have lots of our own parties ok :)
I am totally with you on the whole Christmas thing. I love a good meal and all, but I couldn't wait to put up my tree. And, the nice thing about Christmas is there are always plenty of fun free things to do. Plus, we can always come down for a little visit or meet at temple square. I'll call and set something up!
Looks like a beautiful table setting for Thanksgiving. I love Christmas more, but I'm in kind of the same slump. No one is coming here for Christmas (ie you guys), not even from Craig's family, so it just seems like your regular, run of the mill holiday. Nothing too exciting. We are planning a trip to New York, so hopefully that's fun, and we'll see the family that's here. I so wish we lived closer!
Post a Comment