Sunday, November 21, 2010

no pictures...just words....

I have no pictures to show of the last few days...but things have been going pretty well.

Jared has been traveling around interviewing for a summer internship...he is usually just gone a night or two, but it's been quite a few trips to the airport - early in the morning or very late at night.

The boys are doing great. I have been so grateful to have Kristi and Dan near by. They have kept me company and sane, and have really helped out with the kids. Luke has been going through an especially "clingy" stage, making it hard for me to even leave a room without him crying. He cries with everyone, except Kristi and Dan, and unfortunatly for them, that means I rely on them a lot. He loves them & I think he's even happier with them, then with us...

Parker is back on the potty again, after that one day of accidents, we are accident free again...but of course, I am jynxing myself again.

Friday morning- as I was working on my sewing project, and watching People's Sexiest Man of 2010- I had a small accident. I sewed through the side of my finger. It sounds worse than it is, but there was a little blood, so I of course passed out for a second- and then spent the next 15 min on the kitchen floor. Luckily Jared was still home from school, so we got dressed and he took me to the instacare. There was really nothing to show for it, except a little blood right by my fingernail and a small dot on the underside of my finger- where the needle barely made it through. The doctor gave me a tetanus shot, warned me to watch for infection and then sent me on my way. It has been pretty sore- but all in all...everything is fine. I got lucky.

Jared's been loving school...he's sort of peculiar that way. He's been working hard & it hasn't been too bad. He's home by 5 & sometimes has more to do and sometimes doesn't. It's crazy to think in a month he'll be done with his first semester. I'm really proud of him!

5 comments:

~adelle said...

Whoopsie. That must have hurt. Ewwwe too. I am kinda weezy thinking about it.
(I am pretty sure at least three of the words I just used aren't really words at all.)

The Green's said...

I'm so glad it wasn't worse. And I'm sorry that Luke is clingy. Hopefully he will grow out of that phase fast.

Dana Boehm said...

I almost passed out just reading about your sewing accident. And Jared's not here to take me to Instacare. Thank you for having no pictures of that.

Kyle and Shayla said...

It doesn't matter that you say it really wasn't as bad as it sounds, because that just sounds awful and the image in my head can't get away from that. I'm glad your ok though. I'm glad things are going well for you guys and that Jared is enjoying school!

Jodi said...

We are definitely sisters with the passing out gene! That sounds painful, though. Glad everything was OK, and glad Jared was home. Miss you guys! And I'm sure Kris loves being able to help out. You might as well take advantage of their flexibility while you can!:)