Thursday, May 6, 2010

I just can't do it...

I am sitting here watching my the shows I haven't watched on my DVR (our dish turns off friday), my house is a disaster, boxes, things to be boxed, and things I have no idea which box to put them in. Dishes in the sink, clothes everywhere, and here I am on the blog...watching my DVR.

Kristi came up sunday night stayed till tuesday morning....packed and packed...I stood and watched. Since then I have wandered around the house, putting things in boxes here and there, and just finding any excuse to procrastinate. Luckily for me she comes back tonight....the big moving day is Saturday. I haven't decided why it's been so hard. I don't remember having such a hard time leaving my little apartment, I don't know if it's because I'm overwhelmed, sad to leave, in denial, wishing that this wasn't happening, watching all my things be put in boxes & feeling a loss of control, knowing that I am moving from my wonderful little house with a fence, yard & wonderful neighbors to a tiny apartment that I hope will at least have a little patch of grass to play on, I don't know what it is but I just can't do it.

I love my little sis, if it wasn't for her...I'd be sitting in a mess with no boxes packed. As I stood and watched she just kept boxing. I'm also grateful for my friends & family who have been so willing to help, 5 years of marriage & 2 kids...makes a lot of stuff.

So wish me luck...here we go to the next adventure...my poor in laws, who are so generously taking us in...we are quite the group.

Just for the record...I couldn't be more excited for Jared to continue his education...I know he is doing it to better our life & I am proud of how hard he's worked to get here...

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh Wen! I didn't know you were moving this weekend! Where am I when you need me? I'm sad for you too. I'll miss your cute house. Thank goodness for Kristi! Good luck with everything!

Chelsea said...

amen sister!

Laci said...

Listen, Maybe if you left your kids you could at least enjoy the dvr :) We can stay up all night Friday and finish it off! And I have a feeling you are going to love provo!

Amber said...

well, i for one am sad you are moving. but what can i do to help? do you want me to take your boys for awhile so they are out of the way? or do you need me to bring dinner since packing makes cooking near impossible? or do you need more help packing? or help on saturday? please please please call me and let me know what i can do to help. 737-0275.

The Drapers said...

I wish you would let me help you pack! Iam pretty good at it because we have moved so much it's almost a joke! Me and Kristi would have your house all boxed up in no time!

linnie said...

I should hope in the car and drive out there to help you!! I do know that you can do it! You can do anything! Big adventure! Love to you all

The Green's said...

I know just how you feel. Everything you described is how I felt when we left our house in Clearfield. We were leaving this adorable house to live in a dark one bedroom basement apartment. It is so hard to leave something so good. But, once you get there, I am sure you will love where you are going. Jared is an awesome companion to have during this transition. We will be praying for you and hoping things go well on Saturday!

mindy-lou said...

Wow! So much going on! I must agree with you that Krisi is an awesome sister! If I can help let me know, I hope all goes well.