Thursday, March 18, 2010

Excema Update

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions. I appreciate them all & I try EVERYTHING. I went to the doctor, so I thought I'd give a little update.

He prescribed some medicine for Luke to take orally. He thinks he might have staph infection on his chin- so that antibiotic is supposed to help that. He suggested some more creams/lotions to use, along with the one he perscribed last time. Luke also has some other type of skin problem on his head, and for that- I have to put some oil on his head & then a shower cap all night (I just used one of his little hats instead- I couldn't imagine sleeping in a shower cap.

Today at the grocery store a lady stopped me and said I should stop eating peanuts & legumes. She said her son looked the same way Luke did (22 years ago) & it was a peanut/bean allergy. So I guess I'll lay off the peanut butter cups.

The doctor said to come back in 2 weeks if it doesn't get better, but that I should just expect it to be a chronic problem....So here goes nothing.

5 comments:

The Green's said...

Oh Wend...I'm so sorry. I know how frustrating it can be to not have an easy fix. I hope that something will work soon for your sanity's sake!

~adelle said...

Bummer. Skin problems are so tricky. I hope the antibiotic helps. My niece was allergic to wheat and that would give her a rash on her face. I don't think Luke is eating much wheat right now though. :) You never know. He is still a cute little guy even with the redness. Good luck!!

Jodi said...

What a pain! I hope something works for your sake and little Luke's. I love how everyone always gives their 2 cents about it. It's a worth a try!

Dana Boehm said...

It's a testimony to Luke's cuteness that he can have an eczema chin and still look adorable. I just want to squeeze that tummy. In fact, seeing pics of Luke make me want to squeeze my own chubby baby's tummy -- is there anything better than chunky babies?

Melinda said...

Good luck! He sure is a cute little boy.