Monday, January 4, 2010

The Kelley School of Business

I must apologize that all I have been able to talk about for the past several months is Business School. Applying to Business School is indeed an all-consuming process. I figured I owed an update to all of the people I've been boring with my GMAT and Essay stories. I have applied to a few schools in their first round and so far, I have heard back from and was admitted to the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. Kelley is a great MBA program and is known as a niche school for Brand Managment. Here's the program's website if you want to learn more about it.


I visited campus this past October and had a great time despite the fact that I was only there for a few hours. I had a little bit of time to kill before I had to head back to the airport so I walked down to the bookstore to get the family some gifts. I snapped a few pictures of the campus as I was out and about.
I believe this is the union building. It was a gloomy day, but the campus is really beautiful. All of the buildings were made with this old limestone.

I think this is the bookstore.
Not sure what this building is, and the picture really doesn't do it justice. And here is the building for the MBA program. It has the same limestone on the exterior, but with modern architecture. The other nice thing about this building is that is completely seperate from all of the undergrad programs, so there won't be any underclassmen around.Finally, this is a picture of IU's Sample Gate. I had to steal this one from the internet as I didn't make it down there.
Now I still have a few schools to hear back from so we're not sure where we'll end up, but I feel extremely blessed to get into such a great program and I would be very happy to end up at Kelley. Stay tuned for more updates.
















6 comments:

Brad said...

Are you sure you're not just going to Hogwarts in disguise?

Very cool, Jared. I hope you enjoy grad school.

~adelle said...

No pesky underclassmen around to bug you? Sounds great. :)

It looks like a really beautiful campus. We will miss Wendy though. And you of course.

Jodi said...

Congrats on getting into Kelley Grad School! Looks very nice, and is closer to us! So far so good!:)

Melinda said...

Well, there is a part of me that is very, very excited for you and your family. But there is another part of me that is QUITE angry that you are moving. Honestly though I am really happy and proud of you guys and wish you all the luck in the world.

Joel and Tera said...

What pretty buildings. The campus is really nice. It looks like a good place to have family picnics in between classes and studying. Good luck if you go there. What an adventure.

Anne Woods said...

looks beautiful!! What are the other schools you have applied to?? Any in Missouri? :) Congrats Jared and Fam.