Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hmmm....

I'm posting because well it's been awhile and fortunatly life has been pretty normal around here.

Today I am going to get my first basal cell carcinoma removed. I've had moles removed before but I have to admit it was a little scary when the doctor told me it was basal cell carcinoma. I'm also a big wimp when it comes to shots, and knifes, and blood so hopefully today will go well. Luckily for me it's just on my back so the scar won't be visible to the world. There is a long string of basal cell carcinoma in my family, grandma, aunts, mom, brother and now me.

Jared should hear back from schools in about a month. Thank you to everyone who has helped, especially my dad and dana. Thank you for the time you spent reading and revising all those essays. You guys are great.

We are looking forward to a great holiday. Kristi & Dan are coming to O town and Val (Kristi's friend from Cali...I like her to be my friend too). So I'm sure the next post will be all about that. It's always fun when they are in town.

3 comments:

linnie said...

Wendy Hope everythings goes well. It will be a little painful, probably, for a couple of days-like a cut. Luckily you are getting it removed. Love you, Mom

~adelle said...

I had a mole cut off once and I bawled like a baby. The doctor kept asking if I could feel it. I had to say, "No, I am just scared." Pretty embarrassing.

Hope it goes well today! You aren't the only one who hates that kind of stuff. Be brave!

Jodi said...

Good luck with the mole removal!! Yikes, that reminds me that I really need to go back and get more checked out. Dang sun and genetics!! Let me know how it goes, and I'm also dying to hear where you end up with the whole school thing. Gotta know where to visit! Give Park and Luke hugs from Aunt Jo Jo!!