Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Half Marathon

Now if you would've asked me when I married Jared if I thought he would ever run, let alone run a half marathon, I would've said "NO WAY". But I did know that no matter what Jared puts his mind to he will accomplish. He puts his whole heart into anything and everything he does.

Well today he ran Ogden's Half Marathon and I am so proud of him. Without getting too mushy, I had tears streaming down my face as he came up on the finish line.
He finished in 2 hours and 5 minutes. The race started in Eden and he ran down the canyon and into downtown ogden.

Mom, Dad, Parker and I waited for him first at the dinosaur park. We watched him run by-cheered him on a bit and then drove downtown to see him cross the finish line. It was so fun! Jared's mom and dad came to watch him too and I know he appreciated all the support.

So way to go husband...I'm so proud of you.

Here he is with Aunt Mary and her friend. He rode up to the start of the race with them and had a great time with them.

Yes, Parker is making a VERY scary face...

Mom and Parker after Jared just ran by.

7 comments:

~adelle said...

That is so awesome. I watched my sister in law run thought the finish line and I was the same way. I totally had tears in my eyes! It was so inspirational. I pretty much cried the whole time I was there cheering and clapping for all of the runners. What a great accomplishment!

KMF & DSF said...

Jared your an animal, congratulations on the feat and for posting that time. I knew you had it in you when i heard about the 11 mile run in the poruring rain. Keep it up and when I get back will do another or a full one.

Brad said...

Congratulations, Jared! It seems like just yesterday that we were making jokes in our morning video announcements at Roy High about your "lack of physical activity." Good job on the time, too. I'm still working up the motivation to try and break the 3 mile barrier. I think I just get bored after 1.5 miles and start thinking about all of the other things I could be doing with my time. So props on keeping focused! If I ever get back out to Utah again, I've got to make sure to come see you guys.

Jodi said...

Way to go Jared!!!

The Green's said...

That is wonderful! I can't imagine how much work must have gone into that. Congratulations!

Melinda said...

Way to go Jared! I could never run that far... or walk.... probably wouldn't even be able too do it on roller skates!

Amy W said...

Jared I am really proud of you.