Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The BEST day!

If I could choose all my favorite things and do them in one day...today would've been that day. It was my birthday day, and I love birthdays. So I'll just give you the schedule, the condensed version:
Woke up and Jared surprised me by saying he had taken the day off work and we were going to have a great day.
Ran downstairs and opened a present from my mom- it was a GREAT gift (and i wore some of it today and the rest of it tonight).
Got ready and went to einsteins for breakfast
Shopping at the gateway (got a darling skirt) and lunch at the counter (a delicious burger place)
Went to the zoo (we had fun and of course Parker did too)
Came home, changed and then took Parker to Jared's mom (and I got another gift, 2 shirts, they were very cute and some great lotion)
Dinner at costa vida & then to a movie (State of Play, we thought it was really great).
Jared and I love movies, before Parker we went sometimes twice a week. Since Parker we have been to 2 together...the last one was The Dark Knight.
The weather was beautiful and it was just so great to spend the day with Jared and Parker. It was all my favorite things, all in one day, and I loved it. I hate to sound all fluffy and "life is perfect", but today it was...




10 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so glad!! You deserve a perfect day! Love you!

Anne Woods said...

Sounds wonderful! Every once in awhile everyone needs one of those days when you feel like everything is perfect- Glad it was on your birthday! Sounds like a lot of nice clothes as well. Also helps with the perfect day! Happy Birthday Wen!

~adelle said...

Well that sounds like a great day! Happy Birthday. Enjoy all your new stuff too! It is so nice to have new things to wear!

Kyle and Shayla said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday!! Sounds like it was a great day! and good weather taboot!!

The Green's said...

It sounds like you had a great day! You will have to show off some of your new stuff next week.

Anonymous said...

So I'm a bad friend and didn't remember your birthday so happy belated birthday! I'm glad you had such a perfect day! You look darling.

linnie said...

You, Jared and Parker look great and so happy. What a perfect day!
Love you!

Joel and Tera said...

Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you had so much fun. You can't go wrong with the zoo and burgers.

Dana Boehm said...

Yeah - happy birthday! And Parker is so cute. I can't believe how grown up he looks in these pictures.

I also liked the prairie dog viewing bubbles -- I wish they had those at National Zoo . . . .

Jared said...

There are a lot of attractions at Hogle Zoo that I'm sure you'd like to see at the National Zoo Mrs. Boehm.