Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I've decided that in order to make it through the week without going crazy and have an excuse to actually shower, shave and blowdry my hair. I have to find one day a week to do something fun...and by fun I mean out of the house and perferably with someone else.

So last week it was bringing a desk to Mandy and then spending the afternoon together. This week it was the pool on tuesday with Laci and then actually another dose of Laci Thur while the boys do some golfing.

I've also decided that I have to accept the fact that my day isn't going to be packed full with errands and chores and places to go. It's okay if I just sit on the couch and watch a movie on the lifetime channel and it's a bonus if I do some chores. Of course I do take care of my child, but during those 2 naps a day...

6 comments:

KMF & DSF said...

Oh man oh man do I know where your comming from. And when I do get out at least once a week to do something fun, you know spoil myself, I am a much bappier women, in return making me a better wife! P.S. Two weeks from today we have a play date/ sleepover!

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

Ha ha ha your funny wendy I don't know that feeling since i'm stuck at work monday through friday!! But i'm sure you look great even if you don't take a shower at least jared better think so ;-)!! I'm sure if you need someone to hang out with though my husband has some free time too :-)

Laci said...

It sounds to me like you need another kid ;) ha ha I can't wait to see you tonight Big Party!!

Jodi said...

Just enjoy it while you can. Don't feel guilty. I used to feel bad that I could just hang out with Mason all day while Craig worked. Now I think my job is a lot harder than his. I still wouldn't trade him and appreciate him, but there's not a whole lot of free time even in the summer.

linnie said...

Its okay to enjoy the slow times. Sometime you will remember these times as sweet. Enjoy where you are. Times and seasons will change. Just go with it. Love you!

Dana Boehm said...

I know I can't fully commiserate since I was only home with Elsa for a few months, but I do feel your pain. It's tough having your home be your workplace -- there's no time to relax!! There's always something that needs to be cleaned or cooked, and when you're home all day, you're forced to think about it -- and that makes you feel guilty for relaxing.

You definitely deserve to kick your feet up -- you have to find that right balance between taking care of business and not driving yourself insane, and I think having a Wendy day (and/or watching Lifetime made-for-tv movies) is a good way to do it.