Sunday, April 13, 2008

SUNDAY!!

Sunday seems to be Parker's worst day! I don't know if it's the lack of naps or having to sit in one place with only 1 or 2 toys, but for some reason he hates church. So here I am at home while Jared sits in sacrament meeting. I really tried my best today, he was tired about 30 min before we needed to go so I didn't want to lay him down cause he'd fall asleep and then I'd have to wake him or one of us would have to stay home. So we kept him up, I thought for sure once we get to church he'll just fall asleep, maybe even on our way...but no we got to church and he was good for about 15 min and then it began. He screamed bloody murder for the next 25 so I left. I got home, put him in his crib, and didn't hear another peep. So now what do I do? Blog...no...well just for a minute to vent...while I print out some conference talks. I figure that was a good idea. I can't help feeling guitly about not being at church. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: After sacrament Jared came home and we switched. He stayed home and I went to primary. Parker slept till about 15 min before I came home.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Okay, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but here's the honest, but annoying, lecturing big sister coming out in me...You'll miss a whole lot of church if you leave whenever you have a fussy child. That's all I'm sayin.

You're awesome! Can't wait to see you soon. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Here's an idea. Have a second kid, so when that one gets out of line Jared can take him home. Then both of you would be at your house and you wouldn't be bored. You could also have an intimate in house testimony meeting.

Mandagirl said...

I'll just say... grin and bear it.

Jodi said...

Since I've felt like stick-her-foot-in-her-mouth crappy sister after making that last comment, let me add that I probably would have done the same thing in your shoes. If the kid is screaming, what can you do? As long as it's not a habit (and knowing you guys I'm sure it's not), it's all good! Love you!

Dana Boehm said...

Maybe sacrament meeting would be more productive if you two just left Parker at home? He's sitting up already, right? He'll be fine.

Wendy Pippin said...

true...and gambit is home so he can help. thanks dane great idea.

jo- no worries - point taken.