Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

Here's a quick recap of my day...my 1st official mother's day. Parker woke at 7 and I heard Jared get out of bed and take him downstairs. I woke up at about 8, wished a happy mother's day and then asked if I'd like crepes for breakfast. They were delicious! I then sat outside and read while Parker napped. Then Jared gave him a bath and got him dressed (those very nice simple acts).

Church...well you all know my ward. I can't expect much so instead of being negative I'll just say, mother's were barely mentioned in sacrament, primary was just as irreverent as always and our gift was a rose made out of a few candies (it was the exact same last year...did they have leftovers?) But it's all alright, I'm just lucky I have a good husband who knows how to make it a special day.

Lunch was delicious we had taco salads and dessert was yummy too...cookies and ice cream.

I'm grateful for a husband who does so much to help always and especially on mother's day.

Oh yeah I got a great gift too...a gift certificate to a nail place & 2 movie passes so a friend and I can go see a movie...of course both things...BABY LESS!!

8 comments:

KMF & DSF said...

awww Happy Mothers Day Big sis!! So glad to hear you had a good one!Sounds like you were spoiled rotten just what i like to hear!! Miss you and love you tons!

Anonymous said...

That Jared is so thoughtful, at times I wish I had a husband just like him. But seriously, I'm glad you had a great first mothers day!

Joel and Tera said...

Good job Jared!!!! What a great day.

Dana Boehm said...

Happy M-Day! Please extend my props to Jared for coming through in the clutch:)

Anne Woods said...

happy first mother's day wen! glad it was a good one... you deserve it. Enjoy the nails, wish i was there to join ya!

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

Wow it sounds like you had a wonderful day!! Your so right on the mothers day thing even if you don't have kids :-) Your too sweet!! Good job Jared on taking care of your wife she deserves it!!

Dana Boehm said...

I have a great idea. I'm going to start leaving a comment on your blog every time I check and see no new updates. Here's #1 . . . .

Dana Boehm said...

Still nothing . . . .